Can I apply for my professional educator license if I pass the RESA?

Upon successful completion of the two-year Resident Educator Program and the RESA, you may be eligible to apply for the five-year professional educator license. Learn more about Ohio educator licensure here. If you hold an Alternative Resident Educator license, you may have additional requirements. Please contact the Office of Educator Licensure at to ensure that all requirements have been met to qualify to advance to the professional license.